[Ravensfort] Sunday prep work, Candlemas our lands

Gary Pace gpace77586 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 13:01:28 PST 2014

   To anyone coming to clear the lands., please bring tools that you may need. We will be bringing our pickup to drag branches and such to the fire pit,  a chainsaw, a somewhat decent lawn mower and other assorted implements. I was not able to go by the site this week. I had Mom stuff, farm stuff, preparing for a Manication campout and inclement weather.

Thanks to everyone for all that you do for the Barony.

   On another topic, Candlemas was great. The Bardic alone was worth the drive. The step down and elevation were smooth and entertaining. The graceful dancing by candlelight,during a most tasty feast made the evening gathering realistic.
    Gates Edge caring and support of Sir Dietrich, displayed not only their love for him, but showed the vast and deep respect  in which Ansteroria regards him. Sir Dietrich's bardic perfomance and acknowledgement of Hanse's son, so named by his mother,  "Bastard",  is the best  memory of the day. When Hanse told Bastard that he was "a son of a Baron", I spoke up and said that I would hang them both for trying to claim the lands we hold in fief for His Majesty. Hanse's replied "Son, you will be, well hung,  like your father." The hearty laugh of all who heard him only added more joyfulness to another special happenning of this event.
   Such a display of artistic talent of the A&S and their donated items for Sir Dietrich's silent auction, reminded me of the A&S, I have only seen at major Kingdom events and some even exceeded those I have seen at such competitions. The amount's final bid on the creations, reflect the skill of which each of the Artisians possess.
Vivat to Bryn Gwlad,  Hellsgate and to all those present. Vivat to Sir Dietrich, Hanse and to his son!
   As usual, our lands are available for guild togethers, fighter practices and general get togethers  I understand that we are far to the north from the Stones, but we are here. Our place is open to groups like Archers & Centurions to use.
YIS,
His Excellency Pasquale Pace, Baron of Raven's Fort