[Ravensfort] Crown Tourney etc. news

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:27:26 PDT 2014

Buon Giorno,
    Crown Tourney was exciting to witness. Quite a few Baronial members were in attendance to witness  Duke Lochlann Dunn win the tourney and crown our new Princess, Michelle
Chantal de Charante . The tourney was hard fought and a privilege to watch.

  One of our members, Lord Egan, fought valiantly in the unbelted tourney. Although his battle was short ( armor malfunction) he fought fiercely and honorably with his opponents. We are proud to have him represent our Barony in his travels.

   We had a great time visiting with friends that we had not seen since we had to help our parents deal with illness and ones relocation to Texas from Pennsylvania. The greatest joy during our absence was doing what Grandparents do when a baby arrives. We wish to thank all of you, who sent us supportive words and showed understanding as we cared for our family. The well wishes and support of our Royal Cousins and distant friends in the Kingdom during our family events,  was especially appreciated.

 Work for our 30th Defender continues in earnest. Baroness Giovanna invited all who were present in the Crown Tourney morning  court, to our anniversary event. After her invitation, many stopped by to speak to us about the up-coming Defender. Thanks once again to everyone who works to create an entertaining and memorable Defender.

 Site work weekends, fighter practices and attendance by those Baronial members at other events and gatherings continue to display our Barony's  active role in our Society.

  Work on our next War College has already begun.  Our Seneschal has called for those interested in autocrating this now annual event,  to put in their applications.

 A group of us has begun to plan for attending next years Gulf War. If you are interested in attending the Spring war and camping in the Baronial encampment please let us know.

  We are aware  that there is concern over a meeting place for Baronial Populace and Business meetings. Huntsville is centrally located for a Barony of our geographic size and has served well over the last three decades. Social gatherings in the outlining areas of the Barony are a great way for members who cannot attend meetings in Huntsville, to spend time with one another. Business meetings are still held in Conroe with the exception of those that infrequently must be held in unison with the populace meeting in Huntsville.

   I  look forward to seeing any who attend the social gathering at Van Thongs this Thursday.

YIS,
Pasquale Pace
Baron of Raven's Fort