[Ravensfort] Sept. Pop minutes

Gary and Carolyn Pace bandb.ravensfort at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:24:48 PDT 2014

Greetings to all,
  As our Seneschal could not attend Populace, I took minutes for her. There were approximately 20 people in attendance. Thank you to those who took time out of their busy schedule to attend the meeting and help with the planning of our big event coming up in just a few short weeks.
  Our craft night was discussed. Mirabelis has been working on silk banners at Klar and Stephan's house. They are almost finished with this project and she has others in mind to begin. They will have a meeting next Tuesday night to finish up their current projects.
  Our Chivalric fighters will attend the Shadowlands demo next Sunday as their practice. An address will be advertised on our list soon.
  We are taking applications for Hospitaler, Seneschal, Reeve and A&S Minister. The deadline for apps is Sept. 30 to the regional, Seneschal and B&B.
  Our Baronial website is starting to take a new direction as Dom and Ace work hard to fine tune it.  All officers need to be watching for a learning night at the Keep. We will be able to post our own articles etc. It will be a very interactive site. The time is now to send in articles for the Quoth.
  War College is also fast approaching and we need an autocrat. Please contact our Seneschal if you are interested.
  Our next work weekend for site is Saturday, September 13. Please come out and help spiffy up our site. The old Guild camp spot, Rosalia and Lemoine's site, is up for open camping but they would like to be contacted first so they can plan accordingly.
  Our competitive gaming tables at our event need donations of any SCA items. Please give them to Alaric or bring them to the event for donation. Tokens will be given for the auction of these items to be held that evening. Also that evening we will have fire dancing and a hafla. Bring your drums and join the evenings festivities to celebrate the Argent birthday of our Barony.
  No cars will be allowed to be seen from the list field or kitchen area.
  The Amazons will hold a chattle auction at 10 pm that evening. This will be an adults only happening.
  Charles is donating 2 water containers to the cause. He is diligently cleaning them for the event.
  We would like to request that campers bring a fire extinguisher if possible to the event.
  The Saturday before the event, Sept. 13,  will be a storage run day. Please help our Autocrat bring things from storage to site. Contact HE Brian for details.
  Scribes Guild will meet Saturday at the fire station from noon - 8pm.

    And lastly, The Barony of Bordermarch has asked if our Barony would be interested in hosting their gate for The War of the Rames event on Nov. 20-23. This was discussed and agreed upon as Their Excellency's Bordermarch, Santiago and Elizabeth,  have helped us at our events for several years. They have left site to buy ice for waterbearing. They have judged equestrian and generally stepped in where we needed any help. They are sitting our gate at our Argent event on Saturday for us. A donation will be given to our Barony if we can fill enough spots to help them out. HE Giovanna has offered to be head gate and a sign up sheet was passed around. The slots are 3 hours and begin Thursday at 10 till Saturday at 2pm. We are offering the spots to our Barony first. Please let Giovanna know if you can sit and donate some time to this. We need to do a good job for the Barony of Bordermarch and make them proud.
  If I forgot anything just let me know.
YIS, G

Pasquale Pace and Giovanna Lena Caronna
Baron and Baroness of Raven's Fort