[Sca-cooks] Adventures in redaction...LONG

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 23 17:54:55 PST 1960

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Ok- now my question is: the recipe specified 'fresh cheese', which I
> interpret to be like farmer's cheese or ricotta, as opposed to a cheese
> that is aged. Does anyone have ideas of cheeses that work within the 'fresh
> cheese' frame?

I pondered this notion one day at the market and wound up taking home
some Mexican "Queso Fresco," which is semi-firm but not aged.  It
works well in those period recipies which specify "fresh cheese" which is
truth in advertising anyway.  We use it in quiches and also for fried cheese
sticks.  Yum.

Selene Colfox