SC - The Potato Question

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:18:20 PDT 1996

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:57:56 -0700
> From: "Balldrich BallBarian BoulderBain" <msca at c2i2.com>
>
>         Please, what would I ask for to get a "rose patato" -- a "gold patato?"
> They sound interesting.  When did these types make it to the old world?
>         Balldrich

Probably variety of colors were brought over, but the preference of white food
(think of bread) and/or the luck of the draw in what survived the first
attempts to grow them meant that the old world ended up with white potatoes.

Though when the yellow potatoes were first marketed here in the US, I vaguely
remember them being named "scandanavian gold" or some such.

Guessing wildly,
Bonne