SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #639

Lady Morganna McGlachlen themorrigan at softhome.net
Fri Mar 8 15:32:57 PST 1996

>I would like to know if anyone of you out there has some ideas for
>recipes I could use to serve to the Crown and thier entourage for a
>light lunch.
>I will be serving this at a very primitive site and I have managed to
>secure the use of two burners and a small charcol grill.
>The event will be in May in Texas so it might be really hot weather and
>then again it might not.
>I will be making breads the day before so I don't mind make ahead
>suggestions.
>
>Thank You
>Tegan

I served a salad at a small royal lunch (it was part of a number of dishes)
I used the basic Elizabethan salad recipies from TI I think it was a spring
issue about 2 years ago.  I used the fancy bagged greens like "DOLE"
italian mix
since they seemed closest to the period greens they described - the best I
could get in South Dakota :-(    I used lemons and cucumbers as a garnish and
made a simple redwine vinagrette. This went over well, it was really hot
out.
This is a real no brainer - mix it all together on site, and it tasted darn
good.

Morganna
Vires,Viritus,Veritas                            Strength,Courage,Truth

Lady Morganna McGlachlen, Sheriff of Northshield