SC - whats an inn? was wanted: a marinade for spit roasting an autocrat

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 19:01:13 PDT 1996

> WOW YOUR STATE PARKS ARE DRY?!?!??!?!?! I think if they tried that here in
> Ontario at our provincial parks there would be a revolt!! Although as an
> addendum; there are times when there is no alcohol nor fires allowed in our
> parks...when there's a forest fire hazard risk, but then who would go
> camping then anyway?
>
> Micaylah
>
> PS Just a question, I'm curious ...
> WHY are your parks dry?

North Carolina state parks are dry as well.

Why? Because this is the bible belt honey-you still can't even by liquor by
the drink in many counties.

Around here, we get a lot of what is referred to as "discreetly wet".  Which
means, that the BoD of whoever owns the camp (YMCA, church organization, civic
club) has declared the camp alcohol free because it's usual use is to teach
children to be fine upstanding and sober citizens.  However, at some point the
site manager has mentioned that noone is going to come inspecting.  Which
leaves the group renting the site to theorize that if alcohol is not consumed
from it's original container, and no original containers are spotted in the
garbage, well then, obviously nobody was drinking alcohol. (I've noticed this
phenomenon with non-SCA groups renting such sites as well, so it's not just
SCA making the assumption.)
- --
Bonne
Buckston-on-Eno, Windmaster’s Hill, Atlantia

oftraquair at hotmail.com
Karen LM    919 286-6643