New to List

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Wed Apr 9 08:30:32 PDT 1997

Hello, all

I am Derdriu Gilbride.

I am an herbalist and a cook, having given my first feast just a month ago.
Beyond that, I have worked in kitchens these last four years and had lots of
fun.

Other interests beyond simply cooking extend to:
	Period eating implements
	How were food prepared for everyday (non-feast) occasions
		versus how they were prepared for feasts
	What foods are commonly believed to be period that aren't (I'm
		still looking for the paprika reference -- thought it was
		in Markham, but it may have been a redaction)
	How our use of herbs/spices today differs from period and
		what we can do to encourage people to sample period blends
	How people (most commonly women) managed household affairs
	Sewing
	Dancing

Enough said??

Derdriu