intro

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Apr 9 11:03:56 PDT 1997

> Hi, I'm Rita (the confused at the moment), of Al-Barran, and I know next
> to nothing about period cooking...
> Any and all suggestions about camp out cooking would be greatly appreciated.
> The only things I can cook that may be period are stew and sausages.
> I don't know if my sausage-recipe is period, since I don't make the
> sausages myself.
> Rita

Hello and welcome Rita,

As to camp cooking the best start I can think of is to get a dutch oven and maybe
a grill or spit.  You can do amazing things with these items.  Also a food
dehydrator makes life in camp much easier as well.

Stews and sausages are wonderful beginnings to learning period recipes, especially
for camp meals.

Yers,

Gunthar