Hot Drinks

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 9 13:09:49 PDT 1997

Greetings from Stefan li Rous,

>>> How about hot granatus, or hot lemonade (great when you have a >>cold!),
>>> or some of the other sugar-syrup drinks that are so copiously
>>documented
>>> in medieval Arabic sources?  Most of them are good both hot and cold.
>>>
>>> 					mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib
>>>
>>But will *kids* drink them??  I myself an quite partial to hot mint
>>>sekanjabin
>>as well as many hot herbal teas, but I find that children are resistant to
>>trying anything not familiar (and why they drink that bright blue stuff is
>>beyond me).
>
>>Derdriu

How about hot cider?  It always seems to make littles I know happy.  And
if you only really use it when camping they might think of it as a
special treat.

Christi

Those interested in drinks like the sekanjabin might be interested in this
file in my SCA Rialto Files:
beverages-NA-msg  (63K)  7/30/96    Non-alcoholic beverages.

There are several recipes for sekanjabin and similar drinks in this file
as well as other interesting non-alcoholic drinks.

I do have several files on cider, but it appears you are talking about
soft ciders rather than hard.

These files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html