intro

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 9 16:50:31 PDT 1997

> > > I wrote a moderately funny fake event announcement for a class I was
> > > teaching (on How Not To Speak Forsoothly) in which I guessed that
> > > "feastocrat" was moderately safely translated as "those who rule by
> > > large meals"....
> > Hey, I like it!!!
> It was either that or people ruled by their stomachs, one of the two!
> I'll send you the entire announcement off-line if you like.  It managed
> to use nearly all of the bad SCAjun neologisms I could work into it.

Oddly enough, the _major_ discussion on the SCA-Lochac list currently
is that of terminology, and things that get on one's nerves (ie, nitpicks").
A class ("collegium" is outta favour temporarily ;)  ) is being planned as
we speak, and any notes from people who have already conducted such classes
would probably be welcome.  Have you any tips??

On a totally unrelated topic - my name is Fyrean Macneil of Barra, hailing
from Rowany in Lochac (that is, Fiona from Sydney in Australia).  I've only
actually been to one SCA event, which was the recent (huge) Rowany Festival,
where I got to put my reasonable cooking skills to play on a camp fire.  I
took a punt on mediaeval and cooked a tomato, corn and mushroom
 risotto in a wok ;) (well at least the mushrooms would have been contemporary!)
Now I think I'd better learn how to do it _proper_.
I'd love lists of books and other resources to start adding another cuisine
to my repertoire (I have lots of long-suffering friends to practice on).

Other than that, I love music and am contemplating archery ...

And this list has managed the dubious distinction of being the busiest one
I'm on (for one day, anyway)!  I'm amazed.  This will be fun.

Fyrean!
PS If this list posted one recipe a day I'd be happy ... I'm interested in
all places, but as I seem to developing a Scots/English (what a combination)
persona those are probably good places to start!