spices

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Apr 9 20:47:36 PDT 1997

<< I've asked people to introduce themselves  >>

I am Lord Ras al Zib of the Shire of Abhain Ciach Ghlas, Journeyman and
Steward of  the Guilde of Ste. Martha, the shire's cook's guild. I have been
in the SCA for 9 yrs. My AOA and Order of the Sycamore were recieved for
cooking and needlework.

I have cooked lots o' feasts from day one and have dabbled in publishing of
period recipes, etc. My forte, so to speak is adpting period recipes to the
modern kitchen.
To me, my 2 most memorable feasts that I was in charge of were a feast
composed of anything that could be begged, borrowed or stolen from the King's
forest (13th century C.E. and a Middle Eastern feast in which we served roast
goat.

I an currently in search of a laurel to which I can become apprenticed in the
field of cookery and am continuing my adaption research. My next major
feastocrating endeavor is the creation of a feast to celebrate our shire's
10th anniversary at Will's Revenge in late June.

I tend to be opionated and vocifarious with regards to period cookery and/or
other period subjects that interest me. But am really a nice guy who just
wants to learn as much as possible. My persona is 15th century Persian.

Yours in Service to the Dream,
Lord Ras al Zib (the Reformed)