sca-cooks Intro

PHYLLIS SPURR PSPURR at r03.tdh.state.tx.us
Thu Apr 10 10:42:24 PDT 1997

Greetings all,

By way of intro I am Lionardo Acquistapace (mka Lenny Zimmermann) from
the Barony of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra (San Antonio, TX). I have always
been an amateur cook, and since joining the SCA about a year and a
half ago my interest in Renaissance and Medieval cooking has increased
tremendously. I currently have a voracious appetite for recipes and
menus from Renaissance Italy.

One of my great interests would be in presenting meals for A&S
displays. What kinds of documentation work well for ya'll? What about
presentation? (Any nice ways to hide an ever so mundane chafing dish?)
Which recipes work well for sitting out in moderate heat for half of a
day, especially considering that they would probably have been cooked
a day or two earlier and are being reheated? How about Cold foods?
What types of food should be avoided? I'll see about posting what
thoughts I have had on this, but as you can tell, me SCA experience in
this area is still in the early stages of discovery.

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Barony of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio, TX)
zarlor at acm.org