sca-cooks Transport of Foodstuffs

Thu Apr 10 11:40:43 PDT 1997

> It seems that everytime someone offers documentation for a recipe(receipt)
> that they have taken one written in period and "done their best with it".
Does
> this mean that a cook shouldn't create their own recipies and call them
"period"
> because they are based on ingredients and techniques that would have been
> used in period?  I have come up with a wonderful spiced and fruited ground
> prok dish that I would love to serve as well as having others in mind
waiting to
> burst forth.
>
> Any comments (as if I didn't know)?
>
> Linneah

I think it would be great for cooks to create recipes that are their own, but
use medieval techniques and ingredients.  After all, we expect that this will
happen in other areas.

Derdriu
swensel at brandegee.lm.com

(Anyone else notice that Markham's panperdy recipe is a lot like French
Toast?)
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/