sca-cooks Authentic cookery

Ron Martino Jr yumitori at marsweb.com
Thu Apr 10 14:31:50 PDT 1997

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Beth Morris wrote:

<snip>

> Back in our heyday of marzipan concocting, Jaelle & I used commercial
> candy colors to color it, and molded it using everything available -
> plastic candy molds, the PlayDoh pumper, hands, any available tools.

Not to mention metal cookie cutters. You would be surprised what you can
use to model it!

There are some good books out there on marzipan modeling - although these
days I am trying to get into using period dyes for coloring it (provided
they are safe to eat - not all are).

Jaelle

jaelle at access.digex.net
If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely
challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn
between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White