sca-cooks Re: [ck] multiples

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Apr 10 23:36:23 PDT 1997

<< YE GODS! People maintain an on-board space for themselves at events they
 cook for?>>

No. The Shire makes sure that those who have worked to the point of
exhaustion HAVE A PLACE TO SIT in case they need it. Ideally, the space is
provided where one's household is seated.

 <<Oh, Oh, Oh, aren't we grand? Pin a rose on me, mater, for I'm to be Queen
of the May!>>

This I hope is sarcasm or jealousy, yes? :-)  Actually, we do treat our
Feastocrats and autocrats special. They deserve it. Having seen our
feastocrats cook continuously without sleep for 24 or more hours on occasion,
to be treated with concern and compassion does not seem to me to be
unreasonable.

 <<Losing ten pounds in perspiration alone in a hot kitchen isn't good enough
for you, eh?>>

No it's not. I would prefer to lose 20 or 30 lbs.

 <<Well, I'll tell you something, my Lady: >>

I have been called many things in my life, but never have I been called a
Lady! Don't know if I like it or not. I'll have to think about it.

LORD Ras al Zib (the Reformed)
Journeyman
The Guilde of Ste. Martha
Abhain Ciach Ghlas