sca-cooks Greetings

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Fri Apr 11 07:36:26 PDT 1997

> Greetings from Eden of Lionsguard,
>
> Heather Swann wrote:
> >> ----
> >I don't think the head cook and crew should ever pay for a feast.
> >We spend all day working after all.
> >
> >Miri
>
> We recently had this same discussion here in Madrone & to say it's
> a complex issue is an understatement.
>
> For example: why should I get into the event free in order to cook
> the feast when that's what I enjoy doing, while Lord Joe the Helpful
> Guy who got corralled into working gate all day, has to pay for
> the priviledge?  I dont think it's ever safe to say "well this job is
> more valuable than that job so they should get a break".
>
> there are viable arguments for either side of course, but my
> personal feeling is that the SCA is a volunteer organization & in
> general we all choose to participate, so we should  all pay the site
> fee alike & just let things balance out in the wash.
>
> my two cents after months of heated debate (which I lost) Eden

Let me clarify:  I don't think the head cook and crew should ever pay for a
feast.  The site fee is another matter.  Usually, cook and crew don't eat the
feast, so there's no economic burden faced if they don't pay.  On the other
hand, when I lived in Isenfir, I payed full fare even if I was cooking,
autocratting, etc., because our group needed the money.  Two different
circumstances.

Miri