sca-cooks Roast Chicken

Fri Apr 11 10:09:21 PDT 1997

  But, now, after being on this list (gosh, has it only been since
  Wednesday??!) I would like to make this a "period" chicken.  Any and all
  suggestions and/or  receipts will be appreciated!  (but i will NOT hang it
  upside down under my crabapple tree! ;-)

Grapes and garlic, and butter.

A "not period but period inspired" recipe of mine is to mix garlic powder,
rosemary, cinnamon and butter together.  Slather the outside of the bird.
Mix the remaining butter with chopped and peeled apples and raisins, and
stuff.  Bake as normal.

	Tibor