sca-cooks kingdom feast differences

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 10:22:32 PDT 1997

My Lords and Ladies:

I got into this discussion of yeast a little late and so do not know if
this particular point has been discussed yet.

I agree that yeast is provided by brewers. I also agree that a subsidiary
of Anheuser-Busch provides the yeast in the U.S. However, here in Canada,
it is provided by a food company that has no ties to the brewing industry.

Where they DO get their yeast is a mystery to me, all I know is that it
does not come from the breweries.

Because we are an Anachronism, I see no reason NOT to use commercial yeast
*in cute little tin foil packages*. If this particular yeast was available
in medieval times, do you not think that bakers would have used them???

Regards,

Ealasaid

May thee hae meikle feres,
Kennin fae, A guid burdie