sca-cooks Roast Chicken

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Fri Apr 11 12:35:57 PDT 1997

  Because we are an Anachronism, I see no reason NOT to use commercial yeast
  *in cute little tin foil packages*. If this particular yeast was available
  in medieval times, do you not think that bakers would have used them???

There is no reason to avoid using real brewing yeast, however.  If there is
a brewing store near you.  The flavors can be QUITE different.  At a
brewing symposium in the East a few years ago, we tasted 6 different batches
of mead whose only variation was the yeast.  Flavors varied.

My favorite local brewing supply house has an 800 number: 1-800-SEND-ALE.
Yeast packets cost about a dollar each or less, and the postage is
insignificant.

	Tibor