sca-cooks Cassia and ceylonica

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at postoffice.ptd.net
Fri Apr 11 13:58:52 PDT 1997

> Because we are an Anachronism, I see no reason NOT to use commercial yeast
> *in cute little tin foil packages*. If this particular yeast was available
> in medieval times, do you not think that bakers would have used them???
>
> Regards,
>
> Ealasaid

	While I have get difficulty accepting the 'they would have used it if
it had been available' argument (crusaders would have used sub-machine
guns instead of lances in that case, neh?), I do think that using
commercial yeast is a reasonable substitute for barm, especially if you
follow Tibor-dono's suggestion and find out what flavors the barm would
have added to the bread.

	Yumitori