sca-cooks Feast Budget

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 19:49:45 PDT 1997

<< But, now, after being on this list (gosh, has it only been since
 Wednesday??!) I would like to make this a "period" chicken.  Any and all
 suggestions and/or  receipts will be appreciated!  (but i will NOT hang it
 upside down under my crabapple tree! ;-) >>

Stuf chicken with prunes. Parboil your chicken for 15 mins. in water to cover
with 12 Tbsps of Lemon Juice. Drain. Remove and save prunes. Place chicken in
a oven at 350 degrees f. until well-browned.

Mash prunes. Add to liquid that chicken was boiled in. Add pepper, a 1/2 tsp.
cinnamon, 3 cloves, salt to taste. Boil until reduced to 2 cps. Pour over
chicken and serve.

Lord Ras