sca-cooks fish

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Sat Apr 12 22:19:08 PDT 1997

I believe that eggs were also kept packed in clay
and more commonly packed in Lard, in fact
my grandmother (born in 1890) taught me how
to store goose without refrigeration, first you
bake it (actually several), then, store it in a barrel
with the goose grease poured over it to the top of the barrel.

This is a hot pack process, very little could
grow in this barrel, the grease, first inch or so
might get rancid, but the underlaying food
kept very well, she would know, she ate it.

Susan