sca-cooks Sulfites in wine/food

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 11:58:56 PDT 1997

<< in fact
 my grandmother (born in 1890) taught me how
 to store goose without refrigeration, first you
 bake it (actually several), then, store it in a barrel
 with the goose grease poured over it to the top of the barrel. >>

This is absolutely true! My gram born in 1868, used to boil and pack pork in
lard in barrels the same way. Even after sitting in the cellar for a couple
of months, it was soooooooooooo good! Thanks for the memories. :-)

Lord Ras