sca-cooks Farmgirls Version

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Sun Apr 13 17:54:51 PDT 1997

[fairly long discussion on pepper in icrecream and related rants deleted]
> >                   @>-'--,--        --'--,-<@
> >I have the simplest tastes.  I am always satisfied with the best.
> >                                           - Oscar Wilde
>
> I agree wholeheartedly.  However, I have been branded as a bit of a rebel
> here.
> Oh, well, why should it differ from my youth when I proudly wore the
> brand and
> showed everyone how telling it was.

Don't you find it's a bit odd that one is branded as a "rebel" if one
deviates somewhat from "what's written"?  Isn't this a worry?  Maybe I'm
just imagining things ...

> Are you sure you aren't from the South?  I thought we were the only ones
> who
> salted our fruit and veges.  I rarely do now, due to changes in palatte,
> but the
> rest of the family pours it on.
>
> Happy Cooking!!

Well, if you're talking south of you then yes, I'm WAAAAAAY south.  :)
Other than that my original cooking influences are pure French/English, with
more recent branchings into Asian, Mexican, and any other cuisine I can
lay my hands on.  Mediaeval's next, as soon as I get some good sources
(off to the Web, methinks).

As for the salt - I originally did it accidentally when a child, and mistook
salt for caster sugar.  After we washed the salt off and replaced it with
sugar, my mother and I discovered that fruit salad tasted better than any
we'd ever known.  Then she discovered the joys of gingery and peppery melon
salad for Xmas ....

> PS:  I love your quote.  I think it suits me too.

Why thank you!  That one's accidental ... I usually use another quote for
my SCA stuff ... :)

Fyrean ...