SC - Re: sca-cooks Re: sca-ck Carrots

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Mon Apr 14 15:34:18 PDT 1997

Allison said:

>  Another time, there were no pots and pans and cookware
>provided.  On another occasion, the refrigerators were padlocked.  Raise
>Cain, fellow Feast Masters, and get into that kitchen ahead of time!  And
>carry a portable microwave oven in your car trunk at all times. ;-)

IMHO, this ability to calmly take care of the problems that arise is what
makes the differance between a cook and a great feastocrat (well headcook
doesn't really fit here). I would rather have a moderate cook who can
take care of problems as my headcook than a great cook who falls apart
when problems arise (which they will).

For example, at the feast event I was Steward for we had checked out the
kitchen previous to the event. On the day of the event, we found out
that the freezers were not working. My headcook did not panic. He sent
someone else out to the store for peaches and using the rest of the
ingredients he had planned to use for dessert and the peaches made a
totally different period dessert. This was for a feast of 325. I was
sorry to later lose him to the Kingdom of the West.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com