SC - Preserved Foods--Julleran Pls Note (LONG)

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at postoffice.ptd.net
Tue Apr 15 05:36:44 PDT 1997

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, Dottie Elliott wrote:

> I am interested at present in locating period Scottish recipes. If anyone
> can point me in the direction of references I should look for or offer
> recipes,  I would appreciate it.

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any. The earliest published
cookery book in Scotland was published in 1736.  There is also a book of
unpublished recipes that were written in 1710, and another from 1712.

Jaelle

jaelle at access.digex.net
If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely
challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn
between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White