SC - Recipes and Feast etiquette -Reply

JANINE BRANNON janineb at smtpgw.mis.ssh.edu
Tue Apr 15 09:33:18 PDT 1997

<< It would be
 completely dishonorable to eat a feast that one had not paid for. >>

Although I agree with the general statement here, I would like to point out
that there are cases where this is untrue. One of them being the fact that at
feasts where I am feastocrating, it is common knowledge that my back door is
always welcome to beggers. I have had no abuse from this policy and those few
that availed themselves of the privelege were definantly in need at that
time. Since I routinely put 40 to 60 dollars of my own moneys into the feasts
I am in charge of, grow many of the herbs needed and donate most of the
period type spices, I feel I am justified in continuing this practice. If a
person iis truly in need there is no dishonor in begging in my kitchen, I
assure you!

As a sideline, I will begin posting recipes that I have redacted and used
over the years, starting tomorrow. Let's get a recipe exchange going here
among all the other chatter so that we can all benefit even more from this
list.:-)

Yours in service to the Dream,
Lord Ras