SC - Re: Re[2]: sca-cooks Creativity

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 11:27:55 PDT 1997

>Clarissa, I usually use up most of my feast budget on food but when there
>is leftover it helps pay the site and event costs. I never thought of using
>the round up (to a whole dollar) as anything more than a cushion. What do
>you do with the money? It could be cool to buy cooking stuff with it!! :)
>hmmm....

I don't actually set my feast budget most of the time. I let the steward
decide how much they want the event (including the feast) to cost. I can
provide folks with good food in reasonable quantities from $2 a person
(although I prefer $3-$4) on up so I just need to know how much the
steward wants me to spend on each person and what time period, country,
etc they want.  I personally think the money raising part of the event
should come off the site fee and not the feast fee. Some of the groups I
have been part of do in fact use the any extra made off feasts to buy new
cooking gear and replace worn out stuff.

Clarissa