Re(2): SC - Re: sca-cooks nut allergies

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Apr 15 13:31:38 PDT 1997

 Greetings, Mil Lord's and Mil Ladies,
	I am Cossette the Nice, I'm from a silly little barony in the midwestern
portion of  An Tir.  I have been on your list for less than a week and I am
finding it very informative.
	I would like to request  a topic of discussion.  I would like to know
what kind of "Theme feast" you good folks on the list have always wanted to do.
 My goal is to discover if anyone on the list has actually done anyone else's
Theme Feast,  if  so,  How did it turn out. What were the mistakes and what
worked really well. Hence,  I would like to tap the collective vast wisdom and
knowledge of this great list.
	I'll start.   The following are three theme feast I have always wanted
to attempt:
1)	A three course feast,  (We call each course a Remove over here.)   set
in one specific time period,  Each remove  would be from a different
geographical region. For Example: First remove,   French,   The second remove,
Italian and the third remove  middle eastern. Just for fun I would like to
arrange the entertainment to match the geographic area of the removes cuisine.

2) 	A three remove feast, Set a one specific geographic location, Each
remove would represent a different time period.  for example: The location would
be France.  Firs remove would be only foods commonly consumed in French in the
12th century.  The Second remove would be food commonly consumed in that area in
the 13th century and the third remove would be food commonly consumed in that
specific area in the 14th century.

3) 	Finally I have always wanted to do a "Funny Food Feast"  More
adventurous food, not for timid taste buds. Period food that is not for the
pallet of your "average" stick jock.   This would feature foods from various
lands and time periods, that would be a little too daring to serve at a "Normal"
feast.
	Of course It would be specifically well advertised as such.  An
approximate menu would be posted at the sale of the feast tickets.  I have  an
understanding t would be a relatively small feast  25 to 50 max.  The ticket
price would be a bit higher than normal to accommodate higher price foods and
spices.

	There you have my three Themes.  I would like to know what each of you
has always wanted to try and if  you served anyone's theme and how did it turn
out.
	Thank you all in advance for your time and thoughts,
IYS, Cossette the Nice