SC - Modern-tasting Period

James L. Matterer jmattere at weir.net
Tue Apr 15 23:02:48 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-04-15 14:56:46 EDT, Clare wrote:
>
> << Until recently the kitchen
>  clean-up was also the person who cooked so it you were the main person
>  responsible for the feast, you also cleaned the kitchen as well.   >>
>
> How horrible for the feastocrat! Our shire makes it a point to scoot the crat
> from the kitchen (as does our household). The Shire has a clean up crew
> pre-signed up to do it and the Fighters from the household do it at household
> events (of course with much mead, ale, and scotch flowing about). :-)
>
> Lord Ras

Agreed, having to do cleanup as well as cook is a bit of a bear. On the
other hand, one of the signs of a good head cook is being able to keep
the kitchen fairly clean as the day progresses. Generally not too much
of a problem, since we often use the same pots and pans over and over
again.

I've been known to supervise cleanup from a seat on the sidelines, but
generally I have a vested interest in seeing that my own tools and
equipment make it home with me, and not to a milk crate in someone's
basement.

Adamantius