SC - Milk and Pepper

linneah@erols.com linneah at erols.com
Tue Apr 15 20:11:25 PDT 1997

OK. Here's my first one. This is a very tasty salad that I redacted from  the
Charles Perry translation of The Baghdad Cookery Book, 1226 C.E. which is
found in Duke Coriadoc's "Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks".
To serve 100 multiply by 20, etc.

DRY CURDS WITH VEGETABLES

1/8 cp fresh mint, chopped finely
1 stalk celery, chopped finely
1 leek (white part only), choppped finely
1 lb. cottage cheese (large curd), drained in a colander in a cool place over
night
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp dry mustard, fine ground
1/2 cp walnuts, finely chopped

Mix mint, celery and leek together. Add drained cottage cheese. Mix well. Add
salt and dry mustard. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle walnuts across top. Serves 5.
(The Baghdad Cookery Book; 1226 c.e.)
(Trans: Charles Perry, pub. Duke Coriadoc of the Bow
"A Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks")

Redaction by Lord Ras al Zib