SC - Re Food Allergies

Aldyth@aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 12:56:16 PDT 1997

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Philip W. Troy wrote:

> Correct. I doubt the exchequer's report forms have changed all that much
> since I last saw one or filled one out. A group's income has capital
> expenditures as well as event expenses deducted from it, not to mention
> various other operating expenses as well. What's left (if everyone is
> doing his/her job properly) is generally around zero. Even if a group
> does show a profit at the end of the year, there are circumstances where
> this is acceptable. A not-for-profit organization is not the same thing
> as a non-profit organization.

I am afraid that is not totally correct.  There is no reason, under normal
circumstances (Note: I am referring to *legal* reasons - not moral,
ethical, reasons why people are in the SCA, etc.) why a group can't have a
*large* profit at the end of the year.  There are *no* legal reasons why a
group's income/expense should zero out.

Now, if you are talking about doing a balance sheet, yes, that zeros out -
but that has nothing to do with the amount of profit/loss of a group.

Jaelle

jaelle at access.digex.net
If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely
challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn
between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world.
This makes it hard to plan the day. - E. B. White