SC - Swan!

Bill Kecskes dyoung at deakin.edu.au
Thu Apr 17 10:21:56 PDT 1997

>You wrote:

>Each Kingdom seems to interpret parts of the Society Financial
>policy differently.  You need to find out what your Kingdom
>financial policy is, and if your local group has one.

The method that I described in my post 	is the policy of Ansteorra.
As I said, I am the local treasurer.  I was confused over other
people's methods is all.

>*Usually* there is some sort of  protocol to follow within the
>individual Kingdom or group addressing reimbursements, and events.
>What is *normal* in the Outlands seems to be addressing an event
>budget early on, and approving it. Any expenditure requested within
>the approved budget is reimbursed.  Some groups prefer a cash
>advance to the principals involved (autocrat and feast coordinator)
>for 80% of the approved budget, with the remainder (if any)
>addressed and reimbursed at the event post mortem.

We also budget for our feasts, but we feel uncomfortable handing out
a large chunk of money (for the last coronation that we did we would
have given Gunthar about $1500, and although he is a Knight of
Ansteorra, and we trust him implicetly, it just doesn't seem like
good policy to me).

> I have told my local groups that whatever works best for them is
>fine with me.  I do tend to frown at events that seem to take months
>to close, with receipts turning up out of no where.

I know what you mean there.  But we are required by Kingdom to have
the event report in by the next months report, so it usually doesn't
get out of hand.

Aelfric