SC - Guinea pigs

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:06:50 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

>   Could you mean "brewer's yeast?" It has a stronger flavor than baking
>   yeast and is sold as a suppliment
>
> I dunno.  I've seen brewers yeast (sold as a vitamin supplement) and
> nutrional yeast sold as a condiment.  I haven't the slightest idea if (under
> the packaging) they are identical or not.  Sorry.
>
>         Tibor

Nutritional yeast is generally dead when you buy it, it is a protein and
vitamin B supplement, among other things, if I recall aright. It might
once have been brewer's yeast, though, since I gather companies like
Anheuser-Busch end up with much more than they need. If only they had
the same problem with malt. They could put some in their beer.

Adamantius