SC - Modern-tasting Period

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:32:41 PDT 1997

There are several books out that talk about the humors and what food is
used for what ailment.  It along with the doctorine of signatures were
pretty standard in how medicine was issued.  (Along with astrology)  There
are still several in print one is "The Medieval Medical Book" and was put
out by George Brazillier Publishers.  I see it in second hand book stores
sometimes.  The other book's title escapes me but if anyone is interested I
can post the info tomorrow when I get to work.  Chinese medicine uses
terminology very similar to the medieval concept.