SC - Swan sources

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 19:21:48 PDT 1997

On Tuesday, April 15, Allison suggests:

=======
On the subject of money, some of the shires I've lived in do not have
communal items.  Each Feast Master buys everything from scratch.  This is
a needless expense.  Barony Marche of the Debateable Lands had a Barony
Larder, so that the 7/8 bottle of herbs left over was available for the
next person, and if 25 lbs of rice cost almost the same as the 5 lb pack,
the remainder could be held until next time.
=======

This can be useful, but beware. You must be careful how you store these
leftovers. After one of our large feasts we had a fair amount of honey
and garlic left over. After being stored in close proximity for several
months the honey had taken on a very strong odor of garlic.

We no longer try to store leftover food and spices. However the barony
has accumulated a large collection of serving trays, cooking pots,
utensils, electic urns and other useful kitchen and feast items.

At some recent feasts some of the leftovers have been sold at the
kitchen door. Whole or mostly whole meat pies for $5 etc. I got the
last one (the mostly whole one) at that feast but I wasn't fast
enough to get anything at the next feast.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com