SC - Re: Fruit Pizza - OOP (was Creativity..)

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Apr 17 19:48:08 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> << If you are going to make a feast of sotelties, keep in mind that not
>  all of these are edible. >>
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but were not inedible "soltelies" referred to as
> "entrements"?
>
> Lord Ras

As far as I know, entremets were dishes that were presented on their
own, "between the meats", that is, between courses. They could be
subtleties, edible or otherwise, but seem more often to have been a more
elaborate presentation of some dishes that in some cases were
deceptively simple, such as frumenty made of millet. The Viandier de
Taillevent has a section of them.

Adamantius