SC - swans, eel and peacocks, oh

MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST Annejke at prodigy.com
Thu Apr 17 19:38:17 PDT 1997

Lord Aelfric,

I don't think anybody is going against the law.  The Feast Master is
told--or if you are Adamantius, demands ;-)--how much per person will be
in the budget, and how many people to expect.  100 people at $5 per head
is $500 that the Feast Master has to work with.  If you have good sources
and resources, you can bring the feast in at $4.75, let us say.  You have
all the receipts to prove where the 4.75 went.  The extra quarter you
didn't spend on anything relating to the feast--groceries, plastic bags,
et al, is till in the shire account, but it's 'yours' rather than the
Marchallate's or the Seneschale's or the Event Steward's.
Theoretically,when you present your event acconts, you should be able to
say to the Officers' Council, "I want that $25. to be spent on a set of
12 flan pans, and a copy of Epulario."  Doesn't mean you'll get them.  A
decision might be made that the group needs to keep the money in reserve
in case of emergencies, or they funded X number of guests for such and
such a reason, so theTroll account is short, or we really need a period
sun canopy more than flan pans, etc.

It's a way of thinking, not hiding fistfuls of dollars in your apron
pocket, or multiple bank accounts.

Allison