SC - Re: Galangal

Susan A Allen dragon7777 at juno.com
Thu Apr 17 23:24:56 PDT 1997

You can get peacock from a butcher's outlet in Colorado.  I don't
have the address handy but they do carry all forms of pea-fowl,
venison, swan, ect.  I don't know if they are on line or not but when
I get a pea-fowl I simply go to the local butcher who orders it as I
need it, skined, cleaned, skin intact for redressing.  Remember when
doing a peacock that it needs to roast slowly for many, many hours in
rose water and tightly covered.  It is quite wonderful.  If I
remember correctly The last time I bought one it was $25 for the bird
and $5 for cold shipping UPS.

Annejke