SC - SILLYFUNNY

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 16:00:54 PDT 1997

<< Do you have to offer free feasts to all the hunters around you? >>

Many of my friends are hunters and since I am somewhat "noted" for my ways
with game, I seem to have no trouble finding it. Usually about once a month
someone leaves me something at work or drops it off on the porch or whatever.
The same is true with fisherman that I know. Recently I recieved several
fresh tuna steaks as a "gift" from one of my customers. Most people would
have broiled them up but I thought the first thing that I saw them...."Ah ha!
Apicius!". And spent the evening redacting 3 recipes for tuna from Apicius'
cookbook.

Just tell everyone about your hobby! Litterally. Throughout the day many of
the customers in the store ask me if I'm working on any new food for that
"history" group.

The results can pay off in other ways also. 2 weeks ago I was asked to be a
"visiting chef" at Le Jeune Chef, subject: An Authentic Medieval Feast";
price to be: $75.00/per person; Budget: quote "what-ever I need". This
particular restaurant , which is associated with the Pennsylvania College of
Technology ( a subsidiary of Penn State University), has won several awards
including  a listing in the  Wine Spectator's Best Restaurants in America.

So talk, cook, talk, cook and share your best. All things will fall into
place if you are truly a serious student. Time and patience are also a big
plus. This is equally true for any other endeavor. MHO for "bragging"
somewhat but I think that this is a perfect example of how the SCA through
encouraging research and excellence can have a unique and lasting impact on
many non-SCA areas of our lives.

Lord Ras