SC - feast $

barbara@mail.topher.net barbara at mail.topher.net
Fri Apr 18 17:01:08 PDT 1997

Sianan,

Since we don't have Australian black swans handy--I'd rather see them
live and swimming, anyhow, especially after your description--could you
tell us if a goose or a turkey could be cooked to look like a swan?  Are
the body shapes generally about right?   Someone posted about a
feather-sculpted pastry cover for a goose.  That sounded beautiful.
Clever foods were so popular that a goose masquerading as a swam seems
plausible.  I'm glad to know that someone, somewhere, has actually served
one to Royalty!  We had thought, once, but didn't get it done, of
sculpting a papier mache swan cover for a roast turkey.  And then, there
are the peacocks, herons...

Allison