SC - Viking Pie

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 05:59:48 PDT 1997

> > >I am looking for period recipes that would make food I could give as
> > >gifts. I already have a honey-almond candy recipe and Caridoc's hais
> > >recipe. I am looking for cookies, cakes, possibly breads, preferably
> > >things that last a while but that's not a requirement, definitely
> > >things
> > >that don't require refrigeration.
> > >
> > >Thanks, Clarissa

How about period gingerbread - as in Forme of Curye and in the modern
Pleyn Delit? This is, basically, honey cooked with breadcrumbs and
spices (sometimes with ginger, sometimes without), thickened to the
point of malleability and then rolled into small balls or cut into small
squares. It's quite yummy. Would you like a recipe?

Master Ian