SC - lemon peel

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Sat Apr 19 10:56:00 PDT 1997

<< We discussed a budget
 together, and I said I'd see what I could come up with. He never asked
 me for a menu. I did send him one eventually, since he had been
 receiving calls from people with allergies, and also, because frankly I
 was kind of proud of it. >>

Certainly politeness dictates that the Autocrat be kept infomed. My intention
was not to bash autoctrats. And certainly, the Feastocrat would want to
co-ordinate the feast with event. In the case I sighted the Autocrat wanted
to "approve" the menu. When I presented my "FOOD" menu, I suggested that if
they had any better iddeas they submit them to me and I would see if they
were feasible. :-)

My comments were more dircted to whether the Autocrat has powers to veto or
influence menus, presentations, etc. As far as allergies, we always list the
feastocrat's number in event announcements and plainly state that if someone
has allergies they are to contact the feastocrat directly. The same goes for
the Troll. His/her number is listed as the contact point for sending
registrations, etc. IMHO, is it too much to ask that people read the
announcements for an event and then follow the directions therein. It
certainly goes a long way in preventing problems for either party in the end.

Lord Ras