SC - sausage

Philip W. Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 21 21:52:07 PDT 1997

<< I always provide the autocrat with a copy of my menu as soon as I have it
 worked out. The autocrat needs that information to print up flyers for
 the event. I usually get from the autocrat my budget in a so much per
 person form and his idea of how many to cook for. >>

I, too, provide a menu to the Troll who takes care of all the event
reservations, etc. and to the Autocrat  for whatever reasons they may think
they need it. However, I do not provide a menu for "appproval" and the amount
of money per person that can be spent is a shire policy not an Autocrat
decision. So far as a "theme" goes, it is the Feastocrats responsibility to
see that it "fits" the event. Feast numbers are usually relayed by the Hall
Steward but usually the Feastocrat is asked how many he/she will be serving.
And on-borad spaces are limited to that number. Sites are decided upon ONLY
after the feastocrat visits a potential site to determine if thew kitchen is
adequate.Once again responsible kitchen management is the name of the game.
To place a person in charge of the Feast and then second guess their every
decision is as ludicrous as placing someone in that position who is inept  at
the task. Maybe our shire is unusual from others with regards to the trust we
give those who are in charge of things. I don't know but it works well for us
and takes a heavy burden off the Autocrat's shoulders.

Lord Ras