SC - Humor - where birds come from

Thu Apr 24 06:42:28 PDT 1997

> Isabeau said on Wed. April 16:
>
> >Fennel is the "breath sweetener" of choice used in Italian feasts that I
> have
> >documentation on.
>
> Interesting. Can you give more information? Which part of the fennel plant?
> Was
> it chewed on straight or mixed in something? Or perhaps steeped?
>
> Thanks.
>   Stefan li Rous

The part of the plant most often used, if I remember correctly, was the seeds.
 They were often coated in sugar, but also chewed straight (in Britain at
least).  They have have a wonderful flavor like black licorice, but not nearly
so strong.

Derdriu
- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com