SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #75

MS MARTHA L WALLENHORST Annejke at prodigy.com
Fri Apr 25 07:20:20 PDT 1997

<< However, every kitchen/pantry I've dealt with won't accept food
unless it
is
 in its original packaging - not even home canned. >>

I had that problem in Caid.  All of the offical shelters fell under a
package rule.  However, I went to my minister and said "I've got foo
and nowhere for it to go, got any ideas?"  He said, "Sure do.  I will
take it to the homes of the poor if you can package them for me in
traveling containers."  We used zip-lock baggies and fed the poor
"under the table" as the minister put it.

Annejke