SC - SC-Crayfish

Donna J. White 1djw5827 at unixstew.tstc.edu
Sat Apr 26 21:59:33 PDT 1997

I am not sure I understand the intent of this exercise.  Is it to try to
outwit each other?  I am not really up to it tonight and when I am,
things get rather nasty.  I am a preacher's kid and the youngest of five
and the only girl.  I learned the gentle art of verbal self defense early
in life and am quite capable of taking care of myself.  Why should we
bicker, though?  You are right.  I even said it in my earlier post, you
don't know me nor I you.  Let's just drop it at we should just disagree
- -- although about what I am not sure.

M said:
>What more could there be? I don't know you!

D now says:
Precisely.  Why did you take such offense to begin with?  You seemed
really inflamed.  That is why I assumed someone in your past must have
stepped on this subject before and I just opened a "festering wound".

D said:
>> Realize, please, I am just speculating and not stating facts. I
>> have not called your honor into question, so put the flame thrower
>>down.

D now says:
I would say you forgot to put the thing down, Mandrigal.  I have not
attacked you, ever.  So please watch your tone of writing with me.  I do
not appreciate being chided on line by someone for something I have not
done.  If I had attacked you, I would deserve to be castigated -- and
admit it.  However, I am innocent --- this time [ SMILE, DURNIT!!!!!!! ]

M said:
>Now whether your character was attacked, that you will have to decide.
>I do
>not know you, so why would I want to attack your character. What
>purpose
>would this all serve. I do hope that anyone reading this posting
>realises
>that you decided to use words like "moron" to decribe yourself, when
>in
>fact I went out of my way to appologise if I misunderstood anything
>that
>you said in your original posting. The only great offense that has
>been
>taken during these postings is your need to put words in my mouth that
>never spoke! When all I was asking was, what did you mean by your
>posting?
>
>Lord Mandrigal of Mu

D now says:
Then why didn't you simply say that instead of launching a tyraid against
my comment.  I didn't know how to take it.  That is why I wrote back.
Your overall tone was offensive and still seems to be quite hostile.  I
rewrote my response to you several times before sending it so I could
make sure I said what I meant and not offend your sensibilities.  I even
went out of my way to applaud you for things I agreed with.  However, I
did not call myself a moron.  I am far from that.  (I think my students
are the only ones that think that and that is usually on test day.  Then
again, there are my pre-teen kids.  They think everyone over the age of
20 is a moron.  {That was a joke meant to bring a little levity to this
dreadful conversation, so laugh and lighten up already.  I am really on
your side.  BACK OFF, please.}

Your apology seemed to be more than backhanded and I took it as an
insult.  I did not put words into your mouth, rather I told you what I
read.  Communication is more than just speaking.  You must be understood,
also.  When someone misunderstands you, it is only out of common courtesy
that they ask you if what they understood is what you meant.  Don't you
think?     SOMEONE OUT THERE TELL ME IF I AM WRONG ON THIS.  That is how
I was reared.

To borrow a tired phrase . . . . Can't we just get along?  Play nice.
There are people watching. : )   @-----}-----  Have a rose as a peace
offering, already.

Genevieve
Apparently More of a Trouble Maker Than She Thought