SC - Allergies! Who is responsible?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Apr 29 00:12:58 PDT 1997

To all the good Gentles currently hiding on this list,

greetings.

  I have recently been elected to be head cook of an event in August(didn't
duck fast enough)  and while that is still a way away and before then we
have baronial devestiutres and the like to host, the menu has to be in
pretty soon.  While not overly occuped by people allergic to various
substances found in period cookery, we do seem to have an overabundance of
vegetarians.  My files of recipes don't seem to take this into
consideration and pleas to various members in the Barony have gone unheard.
I was wondering if anyone out there has  period or close enough to period
vegetarian recipes that are tasty enough to satisfy a fairly picky group.
All the other people I asked kept saying "serve a salad"  but that's not
great for early/mid spring.

Thanks
- -Sianan