sca-cooks Re: campfoods

Beth Morris bmorris at access.digex.net
Thu Apr 10 07:13:25 PDT 1997

Sue Wensel wrote:

> One thing I tried that worked pretty well was a variant on Cariadoc's
> Icelandic Chicken (I'll let you look up the basic recipe).  Instead of
> roasting the whole chicken, I boned some chicken breasts and did them up
> individually with a strip or two of bacon.  Voila, sandwich-sized Icelandic
> chicken.  Freeze them before you leave and they'll stay good for a while in a
> cooler.  They make great portable lunches.

I've done that too, with great success.  Or any of the dense pies, like
Tart of Cheese or Pie of Parys or sausage & cheese pies.  They'll
freeze, or keep cold in a zip lock in the cooler for a couple of days
and you can just hack off a piece and carry it around with you without
having to make a huge production of it.

Keilyn